Friday, October 24, 2008

Day Twenty-Nine - Behind What Shows

I enjoyed the rainstorm today. The ocean is still beautiful even with all of the dark clouds, driving rain and raging waves. The rain finally stopped a couple of hours ago so I decided to head down to the beach to check it out. It was great to be in the middle of all of that meteorological action.

I took a short walk and then stood there and stared. The seagulls were hovering close to the water hoping to nab something that had washed up in all of the turmoil. I happened to look up and saw a crack in the clouds. It was amazing how brilliant the sun was and how blue the sky was behind all of the storminess. All of that shine, seemingly absent, but there all along waiting for a crack in the darkness to show itself.

I'm like that I think. I feel like I have all of this potential. Not an extraordinary level of potential - not a Pulitzer Prize kind of potential - but potential to be so much more than I am right now. I feel like the years have taken a toll on me well beyond my 43 years and that there's so much shine and brightness behind the heavy weight of all of the darkness that has taken over me.

Maybe this trip is just the kick-off ceremony to all the goodness that lies ahead for me...that is my fervent hope.

Wow, it's good to feel hope again. Will faith be soon to follow?

Here's a song titled "Something Changed" and it expresses what I feel. (It's originally from the movie, The Ultimate Gift, and that's the only video I could find for it.)

YouTube - Sara Groves Ultimate Gift Track

Here are the lyrics:

Something changed inside me broke wide open all spilled out
Till I had no doubt that something changed

Never would have believed it till I felt it in my own heart
In the deepest part the healing came

And I cannot make it
And I cannot fake it
And I can't afford it
But it's mine

Something so amazing in a heart so dark and dim
When a wall falls down and the light comes in

And I cannot make it
And I cannot fake it
And I can't afford it
But it's mine

No comments: