Monday, October 20, 2008

Day Twenty-Four - Calmer Mood (And a Funny Story!)

I feel a lot calmer today. A situation that I was really stressed about over the weekend resolved itself this morning and it took a big load off. Whew! I took three walks today and my foot was feeling it and swelled up. I've broken it twice in a year-and-a-half and this is the first time in a long time that it's been swollen. Oh well. The walks were worth it. The skies were clear and the temperatures a bit cool, but refreshing. The breezes cleared my head and I'm enjoying life.

I must seem rather manic in my moods.

Anyway, the other day, Bev and I were in downtown St. Augustine and it was hard to find a parking spot. Saturday is hopping during the dinner hour as the restaurants come alive with music and happy hour and good food. We were following (stalking) an old couple to their car so we could take their spot. Here's the conversation that ensued:

Bev: It feels like Christmas at the mall. Having to follow people out to their cars.

Me: Turn on your blinker.

Bev: I don't want to follow them too close.

Me: Turn on your blinker. Ya gotta be aggressive.

Bev: That old man looks angry at us.

Me (said not unkindly but just as a statement of fact): He's not angry, he's just deformed.

Bev: What?! What are you talking about?!

Me: He's got a facial deformity. It makes him look angry.

Bev: Oh! I didn't even look at his face, I just noticed that he kept looking back our way...."He's not angry, he's just deformed." Who says that?

Both of us: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It's so sick that we cracked ourselves up this way.

I'm sure he was a very nice man. Sorry Mr. Man! I truly didn't mean it in a bad way - it was just my immediate reaction to try to reassure Bev that he wasn't mad - he just looked mad but couldn't help it.

Wouldn't that be a funny headline though?

Man Not Angry, Just Deformed

Two other headlines from recent events in my life:

Near Naked Woman Steals Man's Grapes

and

Large Number of Caucasian Geisha Spotted in Downtown Area

These things really happened. It's not been boring.

No comments: