Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day Eighteen - Another Year - Woo Hoo!!

When this trip became a reality and I saw that I would be here for my birthday I immediately thought of this clip from Designing Women for two reasons: one, because it's just the kind of idiotic thing that I would do. (Charlene had jokingly asked for a soldier for her birthday so when this guy showed up she thought it was all for her.) And two, because being here is an amazing luxurious treat that is not lost on me and when I sent the e-mail with shaking hand to the owner of this condo to confirm that yes, I wanted to do this, I clapped my hands together and chanted, "Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me!" over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zJkcYnqWVs

I'm so happy to have made it another year (it's really quite an accomplishment in my family!) and to be here, in this beautiful place, to ring in my 43rd year is such a gift. I will treasure this birthday always.

Happy birthday to me indeed.

No comments: