Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day Twelve - What the...?!

I was at the dollar store yesterday, which I realize seems a rather mundane thing to do when you're away on an adventure at the beach for a month, but this condo doesn't have any cooking untensils or plastic food containers or foil. (Who doesn't have foil?)

Anyway, as I approached the check-out line, the manager was standing there telling us that the cashier would be right back (he had to go get change or something). As she was talking she proceeded to open up the refrigerated bottled drink cooler by the register, twist the cap off a Dr. Pepper, take a few swigs and then PUT IT BACK IN THE COOLER. In the front of the bottle lineup. Where a customer can come along and unwittingly pull it from the display, pay for it and then drink from it! She did it so casually that the other customers didn't seem to take notice. And I, like an idiot, just stood there staring at her with my mouth hanging wide open. She seemed unfazed and looked at me with this expression on her face that said, Hey, waddya want for a dollar?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is disgusting!