Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24 - Believe Me, I KNOW

As a reflection on yesterday's post and just for clarification...

I understand and am fully aware of how sad my being stuck back in 1984 is. I am even willing to admit that it's sometimes downright pathetic. Knowing this is why I'm talking about it - in an attempt to figure it out - and get UNSTUCK.

I don't want to live like this forever. I want to get better and be happy and at peace and CONTENT, which seems unfathomable to me at this point, but it's what I want for myself and for the people around me that I care about and that care about me.

So, I will babble on here about it all because, well, that's what a personal blog is about - talking about whatever goes on in my head and in my life.

If it gets annoying for anyone that might be reading this out there, I completely understand and that's what's so great about the little red X on the upper right corner of this page. I don't say that bitchy, just...as a matter of fact. But I do hope that you will come back once in a while to check out my progress. Maybe we'll all discover that I'm not so pathetic after all.

I saw this and it was a good reminder to me about having a more positive life even after you feel beyond repair. It's a little sappy but still wise:

You can shed tears that she is gone
Or you can smile because she has lived
You can close your eyes and pray that she will come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all that she has left
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
Or you can be full of the love that you shared
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday
You can remember her and only that she is gone
Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what she would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

~David Harkins - Silloth, Cumbria, UK1981

No comments: