Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11 - Unprecedented!

Another snow day today and a third called for tomorrow! I don't think that ever even happened when I lived in New York! Georgia is iced over and in a state of emergency. There is really no choice but to stay home and surrender to it. To be honest, I'm really enjoying the heck out of it. I love sitting by the fireplace, eating junk food, watching 80's TV, baking with Emma, reading, catching up on movies, surfing the web....no complaints here AT ALL.

I'm also realizing how much this job is stressing me out. I tend to internalize any stress I'm going through and it inevitably ends up coming out with some sort of illness or injury or other signs of ill health. For weeks (months?) I've been having a terrible time with my hip. It hasn't been this bad since college when everyone was dying. My hair is also falling out and my doctor thinks it's the stress of the job. Something has to be done but I just don't know what that is right now. I'm kinda trapped and it SUCKS.

I haven't worked since last Friday and my hip is doing great and my hair loss has ebbed. Coincidence? I DON'T THINK SO.

I hope that this year brings me and my family better health and stability.

No comments: