Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16 - Doors Closing

I feel doors closing here lately. I can't really explain it but it just feels like things here in Georgia are approaching an end. I felt this way in New York the last year we were there. One by one, the things that made our lives here work are no longer working. I had this overwhelming feeling at Christmas that it would be our last Christmas here. I have no idea why, I just did.

I kind of hate it when I feel this way because change is stressful. Even good change. Moving here 14 years ago was a good thing for us at the time, but it was hard. And whatever changes are coming our way in the coming months are going to be hard too.

But I just have this tugging, pulling feeling from somewhere else. Like a magnet from where we're supposed to go next is drawing us away from here. I just wish I knew where that was and how it would play out. I'm a bit controlling that way. (But who isn't??) I pray that whatever it is and where ever it is, ends up being a better fit for us.


No comments: