Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15 - What a Weird Week

Emma's school - which also means my job - was closed everyday this past week because of the snow! and ice! and low temps! Snowpocalypse 2011. It really threw things off here in Georgia. Now I'm all thrown off. With five weekdays plus two weekends plus Martin Luther Kind Day it will be ten days out of work after just four days back at work after two-and-a-half weeks off of work for Christmas break.

I have become stubborn in my mind and heart about going back to work on Tuesday - I feel put out by it - like, How DARE they expect me to have to work again!! I don't wanna go back. Now, now, don't get your panties in a bunch. OF COURSE I'm happy to have a job to back to (especially in this economy). OF COURSE I'm thankful to be employed (especially in this economy). OF COURSE I know how lucky I am (especially in this economy). I. GET. IT.

But I still don't wanna.

I like being at home. I like not having the stress of work drama. I like puttering around doing what I want to do with my day. That may make me sound like a spoiled brat but, hey, at least I am honest about myself and my brattiness.

My stress level went from a 1.5 on Monday to an earth-shattering 10 on Friday with just the idea of having to go back - in four days. There's something very wrong with that and I'll have to take a closer look at it in the coming days and weeks. I really need to figure this one out because I really need to work because I really need the money (especially in this economy).

Sigh....


No comments: