Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day Two - Sunrise, Sunset - And Everything In Between

I woke up this morning to a spectacular sunrise! Unfortunately the pics from my camera don't tell the whole beautiful story but you get the idea....



I then went and took a walk at 8 a.m. and it was so amazing. Not too hot, not too cold, not too crowded, not too isolated, not too windy, just windy enough...truly beautiful.

Mid-day I went to the beach and just hung out and watched people. I only stayed for about an hour. I get so stressed about skin cancer than it sort of takes the relaxation aspect out of it. I realized this evening when I took another walk, that late afternoon/early evening is a better time for me to take my beach chair out there to sit a while, so I will try that tomorrow.

Here is a picture of the sunset. Gorgeous dahling!



I confirmed something about myself tonight that I've always strongly suspected. I'm a voyeur. I've always enjoyed watching people and listening to their interactions. When I was out on the balcony tonight I noticed a man across the courtyard sitting on the end of his bed. Just sitting there in the same position for a very...long...time...it's bizarre. I saw him doing the same thing last night too. He makes this indoor girl feel positively active.

I'm very sore all over today. I think the long drive, hauling the groceries and all of my CRAP into the condo, and all of this beach walking is catching up to me. Hopefully I'll just get stronger as I go.

Here's a picture of what the view looks like mid-day from the balcony. I sit out there quite a bit - how could I not?


No comments: