Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day Four - One Hellatious Day

Today was not good. I thought Emma was healing nicely from her illness but then today her temp spiked to 104 from 100 in a 30 minute span of time and the vomiting started up again. Her dad took her to the doctor and they sent her over to the hospital for a chest x-ray because they suspect pneumonia. They then gave her two injections of their "top gun" antibiotic, an injection for the nausea and took blood for a CBC. Their last resort is to admit her to the hospital so they want to see how she does overnight after all of these meds.

I just spoke with her a little while ago and she sounds terrible. She's in a lot of pain and my heart is breaking. Absolutely breaking. We discussed me returning home but decided to see how she does overnight. Horrible. This feels horrible....

Deep breaths Rachel. Deep breaths.

On a lighter, yet creepier note - That man across the courtyard is sitting on the end of his bed again, but this time it's...in the dark! Just sitting there in the dark. The light in his living room is on and I can see his silhouette as he sits. Just sits. I checked in every once in a while last night and he was still sitting there at 11:30 when I finally fell asleep. I woke up at 4:30 from some sort of noise and happened to look over there and he had finally laid down and appeared to be sleeping in the fetal position on top of the comfortor with all of the lights still on. I thought I could actually hear The Twilight Zone music playing there for a minute.

At some point, my watching him do this is going to get creepier than him actually doing it but...not yet! More updates to come.

No comments: