Sunday, August 31, 2008

Old Bag

I have a favorite purse. It's red and big and holds everything I need. Or might need. Or will never need. My friends call it my suitcase but I call it my lethal weapon. No need to carry a gun when you've got a purse like this:




I've always thought is was so stylish and cute and such a pretty red. And I always carried it proudly.

Until today that is.

Today, I had two old ladies compliment me on my purse. The first one was at the grocery store and she was no less than 80 years old. The poor thing couldn't even walk normally. She just sort of shuffled. I had helped her get a few items off the higher shelves a few times as we both shopped and she kept raving about how GORGEOUS! my purse was.

Later, in the evening, I went to Target and another very old lady in the bathroom said, "I just LOVE your purse! Where can I get one like that?" I'm not proud of this but...I actually lied and told her I got it at Sears because I just couldn't bear the thought that this old lady would be bopping through life carrying around the same purse as me.

I still love my purse but I think I may need to re-evaluate my tastes a little bit. Do a quick inventory of my apparel and accessories. Make sure I don't have any elastic-waist pants or floral polyester "casual-wear" shirts in my closet.





No comments: