Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Week In Review

I said "so long" to an old friend...

This is sad. So very sad to me. I know this person cares about me down deep inside but doesn't have the courage to show that to me any longer. My hope is that someday that will change. I miss this friend very much and always will. There will always be a place in my heart for you, dear friend.

I said "hello again" to another...

An old friend got in touch with me this week. It's weird but oh so much fun to catch up.

Made a fool of myself...

As I wrote about earlier, I revisited the nightmare called middle school this week. Made a big fat fool of myself but still ended up laughing. Laughter is always a great place reach in any situation.

Resumed my Room Mom duties...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...don' t judge me. I've been Room Mom for my daughter's class every year since she was in kindergarten, and although it further exposes me to a lot of The Scary Moms, I keep doing it because it's a great way to stay in touch with what's happening in my daughter's life. You'd be amazed at what you learn and find out about just by being "around".

Refrained from giving my neighbors the finger...again...

I hate my neighbors across the street. And I hate that I hate them. It's a whole big cat fight thing - literally - a cat fight. (There will be more on that in a later post.) Anyway, every single time I leave the house or return home it takes all that I have to not flip them the bird. I know they watch our comings and goings and it would just feel so good to let them have it. But I don't because it would make me someone I don't want to be. No matter who they are, I still need to be who I want to be. Trying to be a good person can really suck sometimes.

Wrote a lot...

Both here and in my journal. This course I'm taking has been great for helping me to make it a part of my daily life. My hope is that simply by doing it, I'll get better at it. It feels great to really plug away at something and be okay with the fact that there will be good days and bad days, and continuing with it even after having what I percieve to be a bad day.

Became just a little bit prouder of myself...

Although some of these things have been hard - some of them extremely hard - I did them and I handled them well. I may not be a lot of things but it feels good to know that I am kind and decent and smart most of the time - and that I'm willing to try to do better when I'm not.

Onward now...

No comments: