Saturday, August 18, 2012

Underground

Ever feel like disappearing for a while? I mean, I know that most of us dream of an extended holiday at some sort of exotic beach resort or a relaxing spa. Time to rejuvenate and rest, even have some fun.

But I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about needing to take a break from all of the input and distractions within your regular day-to-day life. The phone calls, the texts, the e-mails, Facebook, Pinterest, doorbells, websites, projects, work, the people - oh, the PEOPLE. The people that drive you absolutely batshit crazy.

A hibernation of sorts. An unplugging from all of the external forces demanding our attention, trying to sell us something, convince of something, influence us towards their agendas, needing from us. Always needing...

I feel the desire for that right now. Desperately. I feel like I'm drowning. Choking. Gagging on all of the problems I've had before me every minute of every day for a very long time now. No matter how much I try to untangle my life, it just gets more tangled. More problematic. More out of my reach. There is no joy. Only labor.

I'm so tired. So exhausted.

I can't fix anything that's wrong, and I can't shake the feeling that if I could just take a break and get my footing again, I could maybe take some steps towards more peace of mind, more solutions, more joy.

I don't know. I just don't know...

No comments: