Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Writing

"Even if it's crap, just get it on the page." ~ Author unknown

At least once a week someone tells me that I should be a writer. Whether it's from something witty I wrote on Facebook or a funny story I just told or when someone finds out about what my family has been through, it's always the same - "You should be a writer."

Really?

My first thought is always, But I have nothing to say. And my second thought is, And even if I did, who would be interested enough to read it?

I am not being coy or humble. I honestly have no idea who on earth would be interested in anything I might have to say - enough to take time out of their lives to actually read any of it. I just ramble. I'm a rambler. I can't imagine that I'd have enough cohesive thoughts in any of these ramblings to string enough sentences together into something compelling enough to be worth reading.

Even now I sit here, I'm like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail as she searches her brain trying to think of how to tell someone off, "Nothing..." 

I've Got Nothing.

That should be the title to my book. 

And yet, here I am writing on this blog. Feeling compelled, pushed, driven, to write my ramblings. I've heard that a true writer - someone who is a writer in their heart - can't NOT write. That's how I feel. Even if I know I'm rambling (and I know I am) I have to write. Get it on the page.

Even if it's crap.

No comments: