Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Freedom

I left the job today that has kept me from writing on her for so long. I needed that job for the discount on my daughter's tuition. I still need it. But sometimes, you have to make the hard choices for all of the right reasons and hope and pray that somehow it will all work out. I was put in a position at this job, of choosing between what is best for two different family members and my hand was forced. I chose. And I'm scared. Either way, I know I possibly (probably?) hurt someone.

The upside of this decision is that it frees me from a rather confined set of standards that this particular organization abides by which has often kept me from being my genuine self a great deal of the time. I found myself in a situation where I couldn't be who I really was on this blog without censoring and editing what I really wanted to say or how I really wanted to say it. What's the point of putting words on here in a certain order, forming sentences, that didn't reflect what I really wanted to say at any given time?

So I stopped writing.

There's something very wrong with that and I'm glad, for that reason alone, to have moved on. I'm still trying to figure out if I was brave - or simply foolish.

Only time will tell.


No comments: