Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 40 - There's Literal and Then There's Just Rude

I did a bunch of baking today for a tea at a local preschool. (I just love getting paid to bake!) You would think that the real story here would be how my oven exploded in the process of making banana-nut mini-muffins and how my ex-firefighter-current-contractor husband saved the day, but...it's NOT.

I had a bunch extra of those banana-nut mini-muffins - probably about four or five dozen, so I decided to take them into work and put them in the main workroom for my co-workers to enjoy. I put them into an aluminum tin I had with a lid and threw in a stick of butter (muffins are always better with butter) and put a little sign on the top saying, "Banana-nut muffins - help yourself!" About forty-five minutes after I get to work, Sarah (a co-worker/friend) comes up to me and says, "Did you bring those banana-nut muffins in?" And I replied, "Yup, did you get a couple of them?" She said, "Uh, NO. I didn't have a chance. Terry (This REALLY annoying co-worker that gives people fist-bumps on a regular basis) picked up the whole container and told me that she was going to take them to her next class."

WHAT?! THE?! F----?!?!?!

Lisa (front desk lady that was standing there with us) and I just stared at Sarah with our mouths hanging open. When I finally recovered a bit, I said, "Are you serious?" and Sarah said, "Yeah, when I looked at her kind of oddly about it she said, 'Well it says to help yourself'!!"

WHO DOES THAT??

No comments: