Thursday, August 20, 2009

Their Gang Sign Was a Gentle Wave of the Hand

Last night, Greg and I were watching some murder and mayhem show that I'm such a big fan of. (48 Hours, 20/20, Dateline, American Justice, Snapped, Wicked Attraction, Primetime...love 'em all.) It was about a group of young teenagers that formed a "club" in which they, you know, killed people.

During one of the commercial breaks Greg says to me, "I used to belong to a club."

Me: "Oh really?"

Him: "Yes, I was twelve or thirteen and we called it Breezes and we wouldn't let any bad kids in - kids who swore. There was this one boy that kept wanting to be a part of our club but we kept kicking him out because he kept swearing. But then he kept coming back. And..."

Me: Interrupting him, "Wait a minute, your club's name was Breezes?"

Him: Looking at me, not sure why I had this incredulous look on my face, "Yeah, why?"

Me. "Breezes? Really. You named your club Breezes?"

Him: Getting annoyed, "Yes!"

Me: "When you were twelve or thirteen?"

Him: "What? What's wrong with that?"

Me: "It sounds like an air freshener or some sort of feminine product."

Him: "No it doesn't!"

Me: "Yes, I'm afraid it does. Breezes! The new feminine spray that leaves you feeling and smelling fresh all day long!"

Him: "Oh stop."

Me: "Well, I couldn't have been a part of your club anyway. I'm a 'bad kid'. I swear too much."

Him: "You're right, you couldn't have. I wouldn't have let you in."

Let me tell ya, it's SO intimidating to be put in your place by a Breezes member.

No comments: