Monday, March 23, 2009

What I've Learned This Past Week

This past week has been full of ups and downs. I've learned a few things:

1) People are a pain in the ass.

2) People are wonderful.

3) Some people will do almost anything not to face the horribly scary path that their children are on.

4) My daughter is a strong and wise girl. Her heart breaks, but she still finds laughter in the midst of it all.


5) I fear that I will never fully trust anyone ever again if this sort of shit keeps happening.

6) Prayer has helped me get through this situation much better than the last time this happened when I couldn't bring myself to pray at all. It has made it abundantly clear that I need to start praying about that situation finally. Maybe it will make it stop hurting once and for all.

7) I feel more strongly than ever in my resolve to be who I want to be no matter who the other person chooses to be. I will continue to strive for kindness and a loving attitude in the face of irrationality and cruelty. It ain't easy but it's the right thing for me.


8) I'm so very thankful for the people in my life that restore my faith in family and friendship.

9) Sometimes a big brownie, cuddling with a cat and watching a good movie does solve everything - for a couple of hours anyway.

10) I need to strengthen myself physically so I am stronger when stressful situations come along. I will be signing up for that fitness class. I need it. I deserve it.

Wonder what this coming week will teach me?

No comments: